Busy Life As A Bunyard

Saturday, February 11, 2012

A Change is Gonna Come


 I'm not sure who originally sang it, but I like Aretha's version best. And  I couldn't have said it better myself. A change is gonna come and make its appearance in the Bunyard house; a good change. Oh and it should be here in about six months.

 If you haven't figured it out already, we are expecting! After twelve long weeks of secret keeping and getting strange looks from suspicious friends and family, Cody and I decided it was time to spill the beans and announce our news! And boy did we!

So beginning last Friday, we made our visits with our cute little box that held a BIG secret. But of course it is no fun to just tell, so I decided to get some entertainment out of telling the news. Inside the box held a quaint, little lime. So with each unexpected friend or family member who opened their gift gave a very obvious looks of confusion and wonder. That is until they read the card that stated, "This lime is the size of Baby Bunyard. Due August 18th!" Needless to say we received all kinds of reactions in the forms of shrieks, squeals, and looks of disbelief, but I think John's face below says it best.

Now that the secret is out, it is nice to relax and show off my growing baby bump. It feels like I wake up bigger every morning, but I've been reassured that I'm right on track. As far as the usual questions go, we've been to the doctor and everything seems to be good. The heartbeat was 167- and you know what they say about higher heartbeats right, girl!! Of course Cody hopes for a boy and I would like to paint a nursery pink, but overall we are praying for a healthy baby.

Thank you to everyone for your sweet words of congratulations and advice. I feel blessed to have been given an opportunity to be a mother.




1 comment: