Busy Life As A Bunyard

Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Fork In the Road


Farewell to the years of college. It seemed that I would be in college for an eternity, but luckily it only took four and a half years to receive an undergraduate degree; which basically means I can commit to something for a couple of years with out quitting, I digress. Oh yes, congratulations have been said and the degree is on the wall. Now I am faced with an even bigger challenge... NOW WHAT? I stand at an intersection with two distinctive directions. One direction leads to becoming a 9-5 working member of society and get a "real" job; which is the reason I went to college in the first place. And the the other sign points to continuing my education by attending Grad School.. So which one route do I take? Work or School? Money now or more money later? Free time or class time? I am sure you can see my dilemma. As I continue to be indecisive and way out the good with the bad, I reflect on a quote by Win Borden, If you wait to do everything until you're sure its right, you'll probably never do much of anything. (Well said)

Feel Free to chime in. Any advice is well appreciated.


2 comments:

  1. Grad school!!! You have the rest of your life to be a 9-5'er. It is worth being "poor" a few extra years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! I stumbled on your blog through a mutual facebook friend and thought I'd comment. I was in the same predicament a couple of years ago...I made the decision to go straight through to grad school and I'm SO glad I did! No regrets here, whatsoever. Maybe it depends on your major. I'm a teacher, so I started out making more money with my Master's (always a good thing). Right now, some of my teacher friends are going back to school to get their Master's and they are having to juggle work and school--it's a lot. I'm so glad I could focus on one thing at a time and didn't have to juggle too much (I still had a job while I did grad school, but it wasn't my career..just tutoring and things like that). I'd recommend grad school. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete