Busy Life As A Bunyard

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Not lucky, Blessed.







Hello all! Happy Belated Thanksgiving. I hope you enjoyed all the yummy dishes and gobbled until you wobbled.. haha. I know we did! Cody, Jasper, and I headed to my parents for a delicious Turkey and dressing lunch. (It is so very nice to have my three brothers and parents in one place.) And later in the day, we joined Cody's family for a very untraditional meal, tacos!! Oh yes, Thanksgiving Day Tacos and a competitive game of Scrabble was a success! I can only wish that your day was just as enjoyable.


I also hope you took some time to give thanks and ultimately count your blessings. After a tough day or bit of bad luck, I often remind my near and dear friends to stop and count their blessings. But one time in particular, I realized that I was guilty of being terribly hypocritical... Yeap, I was preaching what I didn't practice. SO..I have made it a point that every morning on the way to work, which is about a fifteen minute drive, I turn the radio down and count my blessings. From the big to the small, I count them all. With that said, I challenge you to stop and give thanks more than just once a year. Give thanks once a day.

Now this may seem absurd to some, but it really was an "eye opening" experience to me. I quickly realized how truly lucky I am. No, not lucky, but blessed. Happy Thanksgiving!
JB






1 comment:

  1. I think this is a good idea. I no that NO one would read my but I will be one of the first to join your club and read yours. Love nd miss you more than you could ever no.
    Jackie
    Your other Mother. LOL!

    ReplyDelete