Busy Life As A Bunyard

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Gym, Tan, Laundry...

Similar to the Jersey Shore Crew, I too have a list of chores that need to be done. But UNLIKE the Guido's and guidettes, I do not enjoy them, especially the laundry part. It seems the older I get, the more GTL I find myself doing... Boo. I'm sure you can relate. Anyways, December is finally here and with it comes those anticipated holiday events. But my holiday excitement was diminished with my massive to do list.. Which is growing as we speak..

However, after short consideration, I decided I would rather spend my Christmas Break being merry and brite then having miles of laundry and running boring laps; it was a no brainier really.


So with the tree up and cards sent, I quickly got to thinking what other festive events I would like to participate in this month. Wah-la! Here is my itinerary for this joyful month. Feel free to join in on any of the extravaganzas if you'd like.


1. Zoo Lights- The zoo has always been one of my favorite places. Everyone always seems to be in a great mood and there is never a lack of smiles. So animals, smiles, lights, and fake snow are great components of a magical evening.

http://www.memphiszoo.org/zoolights





2. Ice Skating -Speaking of the zoo, I heard that it is now hosting an ice skating rink this month. Being the overachiever, I think this a good idea. You'll have to stay tuned for the post ice skating blog... http://www.memphiszoo.org/zooonice



3. Miracle on 34th Street- Also being a fan of the arts, I can't wait to be an audience member and watch Miracle on 34th Street performed. The Desoto Family Theatre always puts on a fantastic show, and I know this one won't be any different. Plus I'm counting on it to amp up my Christmas spirit by a hundred! http://www.dftonline.org/







4. Graceland-As shameful as it is, I have never visited Graceland. I know, its terrible. I guess I have just taken it for granted since I basically live in Elvis's backyard. Excuse or not, it has actually worked out in my favor. This month, I am taking the tour of Graceland, plus I get an added bonus... Christmas lights! Oh yes, I will be taking the tour of Graceland holiday style. I'm already singing Elvis carols in my head. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ODrPL9-kEs



5. Cracker Barrell-OK, as embarrassing as it is to admit, I have never really been to Cracker Barrell.. It never really interested me, but I hear quite often that I am missing out. So I am making it a point to go and sit in the famous rocking chairs, visit the Old Country Store, and eat the "best" homestyle meals, made from scratch. And if that didn't get me in the door, I've also heard that Cracker Barrell is an even better experience during the holidays. So again, my mishaps have actually been helpful.




So there it is, my holiday to-do list. No gym, tan, and laundry to be found. Only fun-filled events that will fill me with Christmas Cheer. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! JB

No comments:

Post a Comment