Busy Life As A Bunyard

Sunday, May 22, 2011

What's The Buzz?

Hello all. I hope May has been treating you well. Can you believe it is almost Memorial Weekend.. Geesh, how time flies! I only have a few short days and I have officially completed my first year of teaching. And let me tell you, I will be throwing a small party, in my honor of course, somewhere Friday afternoon. As I have said before, I think EVERYONE should be required to be a "first year teacher" at some point in their lives. I would say it can lead to some major eyeopening experiences. So for all the fellow educators, I say "Hooray" for summer and bring on the relaxation!

Speaking of the month of May, I would say this has been one busy month. (As they all seem to be) I keep telling myself, " maybe next month will slow down a little", but I'm afraid the "idle days"have long since ended. So with that said, here is a recap of what has been going in our world.

Just and Update on Ashley
As many of you know, my sweet Sis and Brother in law are expecting a baby this summer. I don't think it has quite "hit"me that I am going to be an Aunt-Aunt Jess. But I'm sure it will at some point and I will be even more excited than I am now-if possible. Anyways, everything is going great and we are expecting the "stork" to deliver Baby Reed in July.



Stacy and Mitch get Hitched

Earlier in the month, we attended Cody's cousin Stacey's wedding. It was a sweet wedding in Sardis and I am very happy for them. Mitch and Stacey are such wonderful people and I am glad to see them as Mr. and Mrs.. I wonder who will be next? Hmm..




Play Ball

Last week we traveled downtown to watch the Miss State Bulldogs play baseball in Autozone Park. Even though I'm not really a sports fanatic, I must say it was a nice relief from the stresses of work. Plus I love spending time with my family any chance I get! Thanks to my sweet mother in law for putting the tickets in our Easter basket. And congrats to the Dawgs for a win over Memphis!

Junior Auxiliary

And finally, May marks the month of the choosing of the provisionals to join Junior Auxiliary of Desoto County, also known as JA. Oh and yours truly was nominated, by a dear friend I might add, to join. How exciting! If your not sure what JA is all about, it is an organization that services projects and events that focus on children in our community. I am so very excited to join a team of fantastic and talented ladies who want to do good for their community. Now I just have to find little thing called time. I need a self-help book on time management. Don't we all?!

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment