Busy Life As A Bunyard

Friday, June 3, 2011

Heaven is For Real

Oh the lazy days of Summer. I am just loving my vacation so far. If this is how it feels to be retired, well, then sign me up! Actually, I will probably be bored by the time August rolls around, so I take that back. Anyways, one of the main items on my Summer to-do list is catch up on some reading. Yes, I said reading. I am a one hundred percent book worm; proud of it. But with my recent purchase of the NOOK, which I highly recommend purchasing, I now have unlimited access to any and all books available at Barnes and Noble. com. And plus the books are cheaper. (Right now I'm reading Water for Elephants. It is amazing and I have committed to reading the book before seeing the movie.)



Moving on, so in a weird turn of events, I passed a fellow teacher in the parking lot and noticed her carrying a book that I had planned on buying and reading on the Nook-Heaven is for Real. Heard of it? Well, as the story goes, a few words were swapped about how she loved the book and how I should read it. So within minutes, I had walked off with a borrowed copy of the book.



Later that weekend I picked up the book and didn't put it down until it was finished! (Not to brag, it is quick read) This wonderful tale of a child's account of heaven is such an uplifting story. Whether it is true or not, It doesn't matter. His story left me with a awe inspiring feeling of how blessed we truly are and the wonderful things that are to come. It is even more a blessing that this book fell in my hands at a time when I really needed to hear a "good" story. God is good.



You should check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment