Busy Life As A Bunyard

Sunday, January 23, 2011

As the World Turns.

Hello all! I hope you guys are staying warm in these frigid temperatures. I think I speak for us all when I say, enough is enough already. Can we please have some warmer weather?

Anyways, to keep from getting the winter blues, I have tried to keep myself pretty busy. The sewing machine has been my main source of entertainment, especially since Cody has been out of town a good bit this month. So not to seem boastful, but here is what I've accomplished this month. Go me!


1. Curtains. Yay! I found some time to sew some curtains and adorn them in our cozy kitchen. A while back I realized that something was missing in the main hub of our household. And after some serious pondering, I realized that the bay window was looking a little, well, bare. So once this was realized, I quickly made a trip down to the local JoAnns and picked out the perfect fabric. Unfortunately, I was not as hasty to actually make the curtains. Shameful. However, better late than never. They are sewen, pressed, and perfectly hung in the Bunyard Kitchen.










2. Can you throw me a blanket? I love blankets. Alot. I can relate it to Mrs. Magnolia's love for bedding. : ) Anyways, I not only love blankets, but I also love to make them! Oh yes! I will catch the itch to stop by and pick up some fabric to create the perfect throw to add to a chair or ottoman. It's a habit really.. But no fear! Cody has reassured me that we are completely equipped with our fair share of blankets and that I should become generous with the completed blankets or switch to something else altogether..











3. Picture it. I have been searching for a new happy to add to our living room. Being a true blue Libra, I can be ridiculously indecisive about picking out decorative items to add to our home. (I give the term, "Sleeping on it", a whole new meaning.) Continuing on, I stumbled upon this picture frame at a local boutique and loved it! It was exactly what I was looking for. Check it out.












4. To bake or cook? Awhile back, a friend and I were arguing over the difference in baking and cooking. She insisted that they mean the same thing, but I completely disagreed. I assured her that they were different. Oh well, to each their own, right? Check out the sugar cookies I BAKED for a shower. They were wedding cakes and dresses. Too cute!










Well here's to a quick, productive week! Ya'll be sure to stay warm. JB

1 comment:

  1. Love that picture frame. too cute. Ohhh, If I knew how to sew. If I ever move back to DC, you could give me lessons? :)

    ReplyDelete