Busy Life As A Bunyard

Friday, January 28, 2011

Got Talent?

I'm thinking someone skimped when it came to sprinkling me with the talent dust. Or at least it seems that way. How come thousands of people have mad singing skills and I don't?




If your wondering where I'm going with this, well, here we go. I have recently become obsessed with the new season of American Idol. Shameful, I know. In my defense, I only tuned into the first show to check out the new crew of judges. I wanted to witness the mockery of the show and newly initiated judges. (I'll get to the judges in a minute) But, I was pleasantly surprised! I have now penciled in to watch American Idol on Wednesdays and Thursdays nights.






Now back to those judges. Simon who? The fresh faces on the panel make the show actually worth watching and enjoyable. Alumni Randy, who has lost a ton of weight and looks great, is his typical "Dawg" self. Jennifer Lopez, aka J.LO, is gorgeous and unlike Paula, is quite sober and pleasant. And finally to my favorite Idol judge, Steven Tyler. I am some what partial to him. This may be because he is one of those cool characters who is not afraid to say what is on his mind; I envy those people. Or because "Dream On" is my all time favorite song. Honest.(I might break out into song and dance any minute. )




Now what I'm NOT loving about the show is the lack of self confidence you feel when you hear some of the contestants; the ones with the set of pipes. I mean what is their secret really? How is it that loads of people can open their mouth and out spurts talent? I have always wanted to be able to sing, but I just can not. It just ruffles my feathers.

No worries or fears. Just when you get ready to feel really untalented, some awful and hideous sounding character auditions and makes all your doubts disappear. Nonetheless, I'm working on accepting that my talents lie elsewhere. So in the words of Steven Tyler, "Dream on"!

Here's to singing in the shower! JB

No comments:

Post a Comment