Busy Life As A Bunyard

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Whats With the Cowbells?

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all enjoyed the holidays and are transitioning back to the forty hour week. The first week back is the hardest.




The Bunyard household is bouncing back to normality. We just arrived back from a much needed vacation to Florida. As I mentioned before, we followed the Mississippi State Bulldogs down south to cheer them on in the Gator Bowl. And while we were there, I took advantage of the perfect weather and great shopping. Jacksonville does not skimp on the stores; Tiffany's, Coach, Louis Vitton! I tried not to go too crazy, but I did invest in a Pandora bracelet. I'm loving it!


Pre-Game


Since we arrived a a day prior to the big game, we had some time to be typical tourists. So what do you do in Florida when your a tourist?. Go to the beach of course! It was a tad bit chilly, but I'll take it. It was nice to have sand between my toes and hear the relaxing sound of the waves. I also think I dropped a couple of pounds with all the walking that took place. Whew!










Palm Trees!































Beach Bum.. ; )




New Year's Eve

The gang got all dolled up and headed to a steak house to eat our last meal of 2010. I don't know about you, but I love to be wined and dined; especially on vacation. So it was nice to have a good meal, with great people, on a very exciting evening. After our belly's were full, we caught a cab downtown to the Annual River walk bash and fireworks. After the countdown was over and midnight kisses were exchanged, Cody and I, along with hundreds of State fans, danced into the morning. It was a great way to start the New Year!















Game Day

I'm sure you have already heard, but the Maroon crew had a great game and a huge Win! It was a great day to be a State fan. The weather was perfect and the stadium was covered in a sea of maroon. It was cool to see the show out of MSU fans who love their Dawgs.














Of course with a great win, follows a great dinner and drink. So we walked a couple streets over to find some grub. I must say that Jacksonville's downtown is a beauty. It has some great views of the water!! Anywhoo, wings and fries were the meal of choice and a fabulous treat to wrap a fantastic trip! Thanks to the Reeds for inviting us to caravan with them!

Check out this view!








Happy New Year everyone! 2011 is going to be one for the record books! -JB
"We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day."

---Edith Lovejoy Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment