Busy Life As A Bunyard

Sunday, June 10, 2012

A Poem for Boston

As I mentioned earlier, the ladies I worked with are remarkable. I feel very blessed to have been showered by their wisdom and talent. And this is no exception to Erin Sykes, who taught fourth grade at Horn Lake when I was in fourth grade. Who hasn't aged a day if I may add!

I received this poem from Mrs. Sykes earlier this week. It reminds me of the large amount of love this baby will be welcomed in to.  I thank you for thinking of Cody and I and also warming our hearts with your words.
____________________________________________________________________________________
“For Boston”

 Well, Boston, when your mom was a little girl, I was a teacher at her school,
Now she’s a teacher with me, isn’t that cool?
She’s is going to take some time off now to raise you and love you and be your first teacher,

I know she’ll be back though, either as a counselor or teacher, of that I am sure.  I can’t wait until you get to meet her.

She has style and grace,
You will be the best dressed little boy in the place!

Not only is she beautiful on the outside, but she has a light that shines from within. 
You’ll inherit that light, and you’ll be blessed with her photogenic grin.

The world is anxiously awaiting you, Boston, parents and grandparents alike,
They’ll be there when you come into the world, and even to help you learn how to ride your first bike!

You’re about to meet your new family,
I wish your mommy and daddy all of the best in their new journey.

I hope you enjoyed your poem; it’s a little different than a card,
Have a wonderful life, little Boston Bunyard!

-Erin Sykes     2012

1 comment:

  1. Erin has such a gift for writing poems!! You need to frame it. Thanks for the blog updates!

    ReplyDelete