Busy Life As A Bunyard

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Simply Festive

Joy to the World!.. I hope you are enjoying this joyful month; minus the frigid temperatures, chaotic traffic, and insane Christmas shoppers. Those things really haven't got to me yet, so I'm having a great December so far. I've spruced up my classroom with some Christmas decor and I occasionally bee bop around the room singing my favorite carols. I even made it a game to throw some Christmas trivia at my sweet students. They seem to like it, but I really just enjoy listening to there answers. For example, I asked if anyone knew what it meant to "trim" a tree.. Response: To give your tree a "hurr" cut. (hair cut if you didn't get that) Boy do those kids make me smile!


Rocking Around the Christmas Tree!.. So the tree is up at the Bunyard household. Oh and does it look good! I think they get better looking each year. Or maybe I just add more stuff? Anyways, I couldn't decide if I wanted real or fake. I weighed my options, compared prices, and even took a couple trips to Lowe's. But after much deliberation, I choose a fake. Yep, our massive 9 foot, prelite tree was a perfect choice.. Complete with a few presents underneath. Check him out!




Dreaming of a White Christmas!. One of my favorite parts of decorating the tree is looking at all the different ornaments; old and new. I love to find old ornaments that were passed down, the glass ones that have amazingly managed to not get broken, and the ugly homemade ornaments that my parents refuse to give away. Luckily, Cody is pretty carefree about tree trimming, so I have full decision making when it comes to ornament hanging . Here are a few of my favorites that will never be left in the box.















Oh, Holy Night!.. Speaking of ornaments, I have decided to start a new tradition. I stole this idea from a lady in my Mississippi Magazine (Which I entirely love and recommend you get a subscription to). http://www.mismag.com


Each year she sews a character from a story and adds it her tree. I love this idea! Due to my recent obsession with the crew from OZ, this year I decided to make the Tinman. And he looks great! I can't wait to make Dorothy and her ruby red slippers next year!


Isn't he Cute!



It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!.. One other new item to our Christmas decor is our new monogrammed stockings! Mrs. Donna Talley did a fantastic job on them! They look perfect on our mantle. I just love to sit with a cup of hot chocolate and enjoy our perfectly decorated mantle. Plus, all the cards and greetings remind us of all the wonderful people in our life. We are truly loved and blessed. Speaking of cards.. I hope you enjoy yours!







Walking in a Winter Wonderland!.. Cody and I aren't the only ones in our household with Christmas Cheer. Jasper is now sporting his Christmas sweaters around town. He has several, of course, but I never hear him complain. Plus he is just too darn cute in his red and green!
Merry Christmas! JB




Christmas, my child, is love in action. Every time we love, every time we give, it's Christmas.
-Dale Evans

2 comments:

  1. Your tree looks gorgeous. Love all your ornaments. I see we made it on the mantle, I feel so special!

    Jasper looks adorable in the Christmas attire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You barely made the mantle cut Lindsey... I'm just upset that there is no picture of my awesome MSU tree!

    ReplyDelete