Busy Life As A Bunyard

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

It Ain't Over, till It's Over

Of  course with the July 4th holiday upon us, the ever so predictable cable channels have begun playing their annual batch of patriotic movies. So when I arrived home to find Cody and Jasper viewing Independence Day, I wasn't surprised. While finishing up a little bit of school work, I decided to listen along until the end of the movie. Not long after finishing up a discussion board post about infancy and the importance of a full term pregnancy, I heard something that caught my attention. As you may recall, with cigar in mouth, Will Smith's character says repeatedly, ""It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings."

Now I have heard that phrase since childhood, but tonight my curiosity sparked and I was intrigued to find out what is the deal with a fat lady who sings. So I did some research.  Supposedly it mean this, the quotation/proverb which essentially means that one shouldn't assume the outcome of some activity until it has actually finished or something isn't finished although the event is coming to a conclusion.

Who knew the fat lady was so insightful, huh? I think I might just start incorporating this motto in my life- minus the cigar of course. So to all of the recent questions of concerns and anxieties that I may have with the approaching delivery of Boston, I just have one thing to say in response. It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings, or at least pushes out a baby.

Seven weeks to go people!  Oh and Happy Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment