Busy Life As A Bunyard

Sunday, July 1, 2012

A Time to be Thankful

 You know, when you can't walk ten steps without gasping for air or paint your own toenails, you really become aware of the those who lend a helping hand. I feel so very grateful to have wonderful people in my life who have put up with my awful mood swings and lack of capability to do anything by myself, or so it seems.
So I would like to take a minute and send a round of thanks to a few special people who helped me get through the very busy shower weekend and everyday in general. Your willingness to lend a helpful hand does not go unnoticed and I hope you know how much I love and appreciate you.  (As I write this blog, I am totally channeling Joe Cocker and his rocker song " With a little help from my friends"   Take a listen.)

Kayla Essary
Thank you to my sweet friend Kayla, who drove up from Jackson to spend the weekend with Cody and I.  Not only did she brighten my spirits, but she helped in anyway she could, without complaint. We share a special "teacher" bond and I am thankful to have her in my life. I can not wait to see what the future holds for her. Kayla, please move closer. Jackson is just too far away!


Rachel Madden
I don't know where I would be without Rachel. Seriously. She introduced me to Cody and has given me advice that has led me to the wonderful life that I lead. Rachel, I am forever in debt to you for allowing me to tag along with you one night six or seven years ago. Who would have guessed I would have met my future husband? Aside from this, Rachel is one of the best friends I have. I envy her sense of adventure and overall good taste- except in men.. Kidding, kinda.  Haha.


Sarah Sartain

If I could pick one person that models patience and class, it would be Sarah. I don't know how she does it, but she always remains poised and gracious, despite the circumstance. Not only that, but she has a killer voice and rocking moves. Well, now that I think about it, I'm not liking her so much. Just kidding. Sarah, I hope you see all the talent and radiance that everyone else sees in you. I am very grateful that I have the opportunity to call you friend. I look forward to helping with your shower in the future.

Cody
I can't forget about my sweet husband who has been so loving throughout this journey. He never ceases to amaze me with just how giving he his. I know I have been a little hard to handle at times, but he has done a wonderful job of keeping his cool. For the last three years, he has been an amazing husband. I have no doubts that he will be the ideal dad to Boston..

1 comment:

  1. I love your shout out to Cody! Glad everything is going well :)

    ReplyDelete