Busy Life As A Bunyard

Monday, April 18, 2011

Hooray for Date Nights!

Last weekend, after a LONG week, Cody and I, well more me than
him, got all dolled up and headed out for a date. Isn't it bizarre how appreciated a simple date with your husband can be..especially after a string of stressful and tiring days. (I'm sure you guys can relate) So when those days come, I become a giddy teenage girl again! Hooray for date nights!

Our first stop of the evening was Downtown, Memphis of course, to eat yummy Italian food at the Spaghetti Warehouse. Now if you have never been, well, shame on you.. It is a wonderful place to go and I love the atmosphere-It's very cool. There is even a full size trolley in the middle of the restaurant that you can have dinner in! We enjoyed a glass of wine, or I did, and a great meal. But most importantly, we enjoyed each others company.

Next on the agenda was dessert. Oh, how I LOVE dessert. If you didn't already know, I have been dubbed the Queen of Sweets! Continuing on, Cody and I decided to ditch downtown and head out East to check out the new Yogurt Mountain. Considering that the local TCBY closed about a year ago, I have been having some serious frozen yogurt withdraws. But oh boy! I was not prepared for the yummy treats that Yogurt Mountain has to offer. Here's the rundown on how it works: With cup in hand, proceed down our self-serve mosaic wall, mixing any of the authentic flavors of yogurt and sorbet.

Flow to the topping bar and crown your selection with the freshest of fruits, cereals, nuts, candy, and sauces.

Predetermined portions are a thing of the past! Since you pay by the ounce, you can have as little or as much of everything as you want!





Doesn't that sound devine!



But even better than the sweet treats, was the time Cody and I shared without the hustle and bustle of the work week. It is nice to just forget about the worries for a few hours. It is twice as nice to have a handsome husband to share a Date Night with!


No comments:

Post a Comment