Busy Life As A Bunyard

Friday, April 15, 2011

Your Only a Bride Once-The Engagement

Last weekend Cody and I headed out early Saturday morning to join thousands of maroon loving fans at Super Bulldog weekend in Starkville. For those of you who don't know, Starkville is the home to Mississippi State University-which happens to be Cody's Alma Mater. Oh yes, I spent my fair share of time in Starkvegas. Whew! If had half the money I spent on gas traveling to and from that city, well, I could take a very nice vacation! So I have to say that I do love that place and I don't mind spending an afternoon catching up on some shopping, eating, and campus events. Actually, MSU holds a very special place in my heart for a another reason; I got engaged there.


Now let me tell you, even after the wedding and nearly two years of marriage, I am still shocked on how sneaky he was- or how oblivious I am. All the signs were there, I just failed to see them! To tell you truth, I wouldn't change a thing. Well, to be honest, I might have freshened up my make-up and dabbed a bit of perfume on! Oh well. You know its love when you get proposed to in sweats and no makeup right?!!


With that said, it is truly a wonderful engagement story that couldn't be more " Jessica and Cody. Enjoy!


So here's how it went down :Cody and I were scheduled to board a cruise headed to Cozumel. To shorten the drive to Mobile, we decided to stay at Cody's apartment in Starkville. (Well little did I know, Cody had an alterior motive.) So once we arrived to a deserted Starkville and Miss State campus, I decided to take rest on the couch. In the meantime, Cody said he was going to run down and check his mail while he was in town.. (Hello Jessica, here is your sign) I guess I was oblivious to the backpack he was wearing with a change of clothes! Well, you know what happened next. I got a call from Cody advising me to read the trail of notes he had left. And after a very thought out scavenger hunt around the Miss State Campus, Cody completely caught me off guard and proposed at the most perfect place, the Chapel of Memories-in true Miss State style of course. Considering it was Christmas break, no one was around but the church, the two of us, and a gospel choir. How perfect! (FYI-the choir wasn't planned, but was definitely a plus)










1 comment: