Busy Life As A Bunyard

Monday, April 11, 2011

Hey Ya'll!


Famous words from that loud mouth cook, Paula Dean.. You know you have heard them before. (Loud mouth or not, she is still a genius!)

Friday was my Dad's 53rd birthday. Considering that he has EVERYTHING, I was at a loss as what to buy him. I've been racking my brain to come up with the perfect present.. Sadly, time ran out and I was unable to purchase a gift. However, at a last minute attempt to do something special, I organized dinner plans at the Paula Dean buffet in Tunica. I was a little hesitant at first because I have never been myself, but I was banking on all the good things I have heard. And I am glad I did-It was fabulous! Not only the food, which was unbelievable, but the atmosphere was fantastic.

Our family was seated in a private dining room, right next to the dessert bar! I was in Heaven! It was a delicious meal and a great way to celebrate Dad. Kudos to Paula Dean and all her success. I must say, she is quite inspiring.. even if she does say Ya'll.



Paula Dean's Toffee Brownies-Yum!!

Servings: 24 large/48 small brownies
Prep Time: 8 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Difficulty: Easy
Ingredients Add to grocery list

3 (6-ounce) candy bars with almonds and toffee chips (recommended: Symphony brand)
Vegetable oil cooking spray
1 (17.6-ounce) package brownie mix with walnuts
Directions

Prepare the brownie mix according to package directions.

Line a 13 by 9-inch cake pan with aluminum foil and spray with vegetable oil cooking spray. Spoon in half of the brownie batter and smooth with a spatula or the back of a spoon. Place the candy bars side by side on top of the batter. Cover with the remaining batter.

Bake according to package directions. Let cool completely, then lift from the pan using the edges of the foil. This makes it easy to cut the brownies into squares.

Recipe courtesy Paula Deen



No comments:

Post a Comment